You want to outfit your furbaby in the best, and collars are of utmost importance. This best 10 collars for your Pomsky list is going to be your go-to!
Because Pomskies are a relatively new cross-breed, there really isn’t a way to tell just how big your Pomsky is going to be. Ranging from 18-45 pounds on average, you’ll most likely use a small/medium collar, and you’ll want to be mindful of the double coat Pomskies have.
1. Friends Forever Collar. Pomskies are adorable and for the most part, look like sweet little wolfy puppies all the time. This Friends Forever Collar comes in several gorgeous paisley patterns, sure to make your guy or gal look the part of a star. Reasonably priced at $12.99 and designer all the way.
2. Good Paw PU Leather Light Collar. Your Pomsky is bound to get into some activity, and these pretty leather collars have cool holographic designs that will go along with the ride. They’re practical with stainless double-d rings for rust resistance and the PU leather won’t bleed on your pup’s coat. They retail for $8.50-$10.00.
3. Personalized Leather Collar. We love the idea of these collars–embroidered with pertinent information so tags getting lost isn’t an issue if your Pomsky tends to roam as is in their husky DNA. They retail for $15.95.
4. Moon Sea Personalized Nylon Collar. If you’re looking for a collar like the personalized leather collar in a nylon, look no further. Easy to throw in the wash and comfy for your Pomsky’s running around, this nylon collar comes in fun collars that are easy to see if he should begin roaming. They start at $11.99.
5. Reflective Personalized Collar. And since we know those playful pups are prone to wander, even in the evening, it never hurts that their collar is personalized with important info and reflective. We love these–easy to care for, reflective and they retail for $10.99.
6. Braided Leather With NamePlate. If you love the look of a nameplate, and want the durability of braided leather for the husky part but with some softer dainty that we love Pomeranians for, this is a great option. The text is lasered so it won’t fade with time, and the inner padding is super soft for your doggo’s neck. It retails for $11.77.
7. West Paw Scrolls Hemp Collar. We saw these at Global Pet Expo and loved the antimicrobial properties (bye-bye stinky leash!) of the hemp used to make them. They’re easy to keep clean, soft and rugged and their colors are perfect for showing up on the several different coat colors Pomskies are known to have. They retail for $20.95.
8. Link AKC Smart Collar. Let’s face it. Huskies are known for their love of adventure, and that sometimes drives them to run off in the name of fun. This Smart Collar from Link acts as a tracker and a monitor so that should your pup decide to hit the road, you’ll be able to find them instantly, wherever they are, pretty much anywhere in the United States. It also has the ability to record walks and activities with you, so you can keep memories of the fun you and your pup have. We love their free size exchange program and that it works with either iOS or Android systems. It retails for $99.00, with subscription additional.
9. LED Rechargeable Nylon Collar. One more way to keep track of the wanderlust in your Pomsky is to ensure you can see him, particularly at night. This LED rechargeable collar does the job and looks cool too! We love that it helps you find your dog if need be, but also helps others see and keep your dog safe while you’re out and about. It retails for $18.99 and comes in tons of sizes.
10. HipiDog Personalized Nylon Collar. A neat way to ensure information stays with your dog is to put it right on the hook–no more jingle-jangle of tags in the middle of the night! (Just me?) There are tons of colors and patterns to choose from and each one is handmade with double-stitching for durability and craftsmanship. They retail for $18.85.
Lori Ennis is a wife, mama and friend to all animals. A self-confessed “Hot Mess,” she lives wherever the Marine Corps takes her husband. Currently, that’s Maryland with her very spoiled Labrador Retriever-mix rescue pups and a ton of saltwater fish just tanking around. Lori’s family has fostered dogs for years, mostly Golden Retrievers, and knows no home is complete without an animal buddy (or seven)!